Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day Frenzy- All About Me!

Hello! My name is Christina Louth, but no one calls me that. So, just call me Tina. I am a third year teacher at North Providence High School in (guess where?!) North Providence, RI! I teach history (a subject which gets a totally bad rep for being "boring", "dull", and "all about dead white people"), but I try to encourage my students to gain a different perspective and give history a try (it's really not boring at all!!). This year, I am teaching freshman Western Civilization (a class we refer to as teaching from Plato to NATO in 180 days) as well as sophomore American History/ Civics I (a course that begins with native people of the Americas and ends with immigration of the 1900s).  I decided to enroll in the ASTL program after taking the Literature Institute through the Rhode Island Writing Project. Also, three of my colleagues who have completed this program highly recommended these courses for its practicality in the classroom. In my spare time, I thoroughly enjoy scrapbooking, photography, sleeping, and watching marathons of terrible reality tv.  I also love to travel, and my goal is to go to all 30 MLB stadiums (I've been to 12 so far!)

No comments:

Post a Comment